Welcome to our Diabetes Action Group
The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that diabetes-related deaths will increase by more than 50 percent in the next 10 years without some kind of intervention. Rotarian Action Group for Diabetes (RAG Diabetes) charter president PDC C. Wayne Edwards is pleased to announce the formation of a Rotary organization to provide the opportunity of Service to attack the problems caused by diabetes. “Our RAG Diabetes will be a positive force in increasing the awareness of diabetes, coordinating treatment and education of diabetes patients, and providing diabetic supplies. Thank you for your interest in the RAG Diabetes, and please join us in the Rotarian effort to manage and reduce this worldwide epidemic.”
To be successful in our efforts to combat the worldwide diabetes epidemic, we must build a structure. Your membership is essential to the success of the RAGDiabetes. Joining together we can be a major force for Rotary Service in diabetes related programs.
The purpose for which the corporation is organized is: The Rotarian Action Group for Diabetes, Inc.
The Rotarian Action Group for Diabetes, Inc. is organized exclusively for charitable, religious, educational, and scientific purposes, including, for such purposes, the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or the corresponding section of any future federal tax code.
The Rotarian Action Group for Diabetes, Inc. is not an activity or agency of Rotary International and is organized and approved according to Rotary International policy.
The purpose is to publicize to the Rotary world our concerns as to the spreading epidemic of this worldwide disease and how our Rotary Districts/Clubs can mobilize to provide another service to help mankind through a strong commitment to the education, identification, and treatment of diabetes, especially among children in developing countries.
Connections to the Worldwide Diabetes Community
Rotarians and the Rotarian Action Group for diabetes need to engage the worldwide diabetes community. The organization that serves the worldwide diabetes community is the International Diabetes Federation. The website is IDF.org.
More importantly IDF is composed of member associations in most countries. The website has a page: IDF Members where one can look for every member association.
Rotarians and RAGdiabetes members need to engage with their local diabetes association. Here projects can be created and with the vision and power of Rotary the project can be implemented.
Rotarians with an affinity/interest in diabetes need to engage. These links should provide a beginning to reach out to your local diabetes community to connect to Rotary. We need individual Rotarians to become the Rotary spokesperson for diabetes.Reach out to us and we can list your name. Contact Us!
What can you do together?
Who should join RAGDiabetes.org
- 1. If you are a health care professional in any field and have an affinity/interest in diabetes, we need you. There are exciting opportunities for individuals to help/consult in the 49 countries where we have affiliations. We can also help you educate your club and district about the diabetes epidemic and become leaders in district and global projects.
- 2. If you have diabetes or have diabetes in your family or a friend with diabetes, RAG Diabetes can help provide access to the latest information about diabetes. Additionally, we need dedicated individuals to provide leadership for district and global projects. Actually given the demographic of Rotary and the epidemic of diabetes, several hundred thousand of our 1.2 million members would qualify for this category. Join us and help us change the future of diabetes.
As a member of the RAGDiabetes, the following membership benefits will be available to you:
- Awareness of the availability of funds for diabetes projects;
- Notification of worldwide diabetes projects
- Opportunities of service with diabetes projects;
- and a Periodic RAGDiabetes newsletter.
ROTARIAN ACTION GROUP STANDARD BYLAWS
Click here to view Bylaws
The Rotary Foundation (TRF) Matching Grant Program
- What is a Matching Grant?
- Who can apply?
- What are the requirements of a Matching Grant?
- What projects are eligible for a Matching Grant?
Get answers to these questions and learn more about the Rotary Foundation (TRF) Matching Grant Program by clicking the link below